topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Traffic Light Screen-saver tester in tray  (Read 3631 times)

SleepingWolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Traffic Light Screen-saver tester in tray
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Can change between Red, Amber, Green light in the tray via simple menu.

Red means turn screensaver off indefinitely.
Amber is normal use, screensaver comes on after a given time period.
Green forces screensaver to start within, say, two seconds (useful if you have something like JKDefrag as a screensaver).

The idea is based on saverstarter at  http://www.brianapps.net/saverstarter but this is a much simpler idea and it has a way to turn off the screensaver without leaving your mouse pointer stuck in one position.

I don't need this app but I'd love it and so would countless other people, I'm thinking!

======================================

This could be extended with profiles to allow R-A-G display to change for all manner of user-defined commands

eg. I could create and choose Profile 1 with a 1 in the centre of the traffic light; called 'Num Lock' with
     R=Num lock on          <<--- using something like nircmd, a script or an exe, bat etc.
     A=Start num-lock customization software
     G=Num lock off

These profiles could of course be shared with other users so that even if they don't want to use the screen-saver every day, they might like the num-lock feature.

-------------------------------------------

Question everything, use a fact-checker.
Respect yourself and respect others.
Peace out!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:12 PM by SleepingWolf »