ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Rename Pad

<< < (2/2)

SexyLilDarkPaw:
Awesome Thanks All definitely gonna check those out, just to find the best one for me.

**EDIT**

Tried them, they all work awesome, but i found they all had to have me click and select to open in a pad mode, or they were addition file explorers to run.  I found one thats a little more too the point for me xD, it opens in pad mode automatically and has majority of the same options as the others.

I ended up with this one, after a day of googling freewares =]

http://tinytools.objective-view.de/Tools/SpeedRenamer
(recommend peeking at his/her homepage seems like there is a bunch of misc freeware (german/english) and all sorts of purposes..)

Thanks again everyone =D

rjbull:
Too late to the party.  Most of the time I too use Total Commander.  But I occasionally use Oscar's File Renamer, which works a bit like using a simple notepad, with simple learn-by-example macros.  Here's part of Mark Wieczorek's My Favorite Smallware review of it:
It's extremely simple interface lets you search & replace or record keystroke macro's. What really sets this apart is that it opens a directory like a text file, moving the cursor up and down doesn't just select a different file, it keeps the same character spacing as before, and you don't commit your changes until you're happy with them so you can experiment without fear of screwing up.

--- End quote ---

kli6891:
Hmm... I might be able to whip something up using AHK. I'll report back after more investigation.

EDIT: Yeah, this definitely seems possible (and maybe even "easy"  :-\). I can make it in a couple of days.

EDIT: Ok! I finished the program, if anyone is still interested.

Open the program, choose "Select Files" and choose the files you want to rename. The edit box will then contain the file names of the files you selected. Make your changes, and hit "save and close" to rename the files, or hit "discard and close" to discard the changes.

Too unskilled to make an icon.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version