ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

REQ - image search file maker

<< < (3/6) > >>

agent23:
ok, been using it more and the 64 thing isn't true, guess it was just that one time, it doesnt seem to work each and every time, i'll keep working and let you know. thanks.

awopbamboo:
Ok.

I found the issue too. For instance, try downloading using the word green. You'll see it does not create a file. I found what caused that problem, and that is now fixed.

I also found a slightly bigger problem in that some of the images downloaded seem to have a problem converting or en-coding to jpg. I have no idea why. It would take a lot of investigation. So, what I have done is IF there is a problem downloading (sometimes the links to the jpg's do not work) or encoding an image then the program will download the SECOND image in the result grid, if that fails then the third etc etc

Give it a try now.  If you come across any words or phrases that do not download and create a file, let me know what they are so I can try and find if there is a problem quicker.

An updated execuable is attached to this message.

J.

agent23:
good work so far.
It does not need to generate a preview, however I don’t really care about that.
It seems to have problems handling more than a few hundred and I have thousands of items.
Very often it doesn’t get the first image. When I run a search manually I find a different, and correct, image, even after multiple tries. The file it’s finding is not the first result.
This may relate to another problem. When I enter a list of similar items it grabs the same image for all of them. Example, I search for “Robin #1” and “Robin #2” and Robin #{3, 4, … n} it grabs the same picture for all of them. Yet manually I get a different picture for each. (in this example they are all pics of the bird which is not near the first result) I realize this may be part of the encoding issue.
Also, some of the items may not be acceptable as file names, using characters that cannot be used in file names. I suppose we’ll just have to skip these for now.

awopbamboo:
Ok....

Firstly the previw, I can put a switch on it to hide the preview or just remove it altogether?  Its no overhead having it there, but won't be a problem to remove if you'd prefer?  Let me know.

I have downloaded many images, thousands, to test and haven't had a problem. I have checked for memory leaks and there aren't any. What happens when you try to download thousands? You said 'it has problems' but what do you mean exactly?

The issue with the first image and robin #1, #2 etc downloading the same images is indeed down to the url encoding.  That is now fixed in the download below.

I have also made a change so that any unacceptable filename characters are replaced with a <SPACE>. That should be fine for now or do you have another suggestion??

Let me know how it goes....

J.

/cont

Not heard anything for a few days, does this now work and suit your needs agent23?

J.

cranioscopical:
Hi awopbamboo,

I just tried this.
For me the following happens:

Program correctly reads 3 items from a test file
Accepts destination folder
Searches and displays 3 images, noting on each that the file is being saved
Program ends, re-displays original 'read info' requester (now with the last found image as its background)
Regrettably, no files are saved.

Windows XP Pro SP3

[Edit -- I should have used the old three-fingered salute before writing the above!
           Nice job!                                                                                           ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version