ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

30 Days of DonationCoder Screencasts - Video Links Here

<< < (10/18) > >>

mouser:
For those who are making screencasts of their software, some observations:

1) making multiple short screencasts that are very focused on a particular idea is 100x easier than trying to make one big long screencast; plus it has to be easier on the user.  i think 2-4 minutes is the sweet spot.
2) you'd be surprised how long it takes to explain something -- so plan to focus really narrowly.
3) doing a bunch of screencasts one after the other can be quite productive -- once your mind gets into the flow of speaking while you are using the software, it gets more comfortable.  so plan to sit there and do quite a few retakes before you start to get comfortable, and then do a bunch of them in a row.
4) if you're aiming for doing lots of screencasts quickly, instead of perfecting each one, then just keep restarting the recording until you get it right, rather than try to edit it post production.

superboyac:
For those who are making screencasts of their software, some observations:

1) making multiple short screencasts that are very focused on a particular idea is 100x easier than trying to make one big long screencast; plus it has to be easier on the user.  i think 2-4 minutes is the sweet spot.
2) you'd be surprised how long it takes to explain something -- so plan to focus really narrowly.
3) doing a bunch of screencasts one after the other can be quite productive -- once your mind gets into the flow of speaking while you are using the software, it gets more comfortable.  so plan to sit there and do quite a few retakes before you start to get comfortable, and then do a bunch of them in a row.
4) if you're aiming for doing lots of screencasts quickly, instead of perfecting each one, then just keep restarting the recording until you get it right, rather than try to edit it post production.
-mouser (August 19, 2009, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
These are great tips.  Thanks.  This can be applied for any demonstration of anything...I can use it at work when explaining technical things to an audience.  Thank you.

joby_toss:
DAY 19:

The video shows how to use and configure the built-in mini-toolbar in FARR...-mouser (August 19, 2009, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

In this tutorial you show us how we can add buttons to the toolbar. But what if one wonts to remove those two existing buttons? How to do that?
30 Days of DonationCoder Screencasts - Video Links Here

mouser:
you can't remove them per se (i could add an option to let you remove them), but you can drag and slide the area to the left of them fully to the right to hide all buttons.

joby_toss:
you can't remove them per se (i could add an option to let you remove them), but you can drag and slide the area to the left of them fully to the right to hide all buttons.
-mouser (August 19, 2009, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent! No need for an additional option; making the toolbar really small does the trick (a nice feature is those new buttons you add are at the left side of those two original buttons so they are not hidden also).
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version