ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Down with Foxit!

<< < (2/2)

rjbull:
I received a reply from Foxit:

We deleted and banned many spam messages and users every day. We might have mis-deleted your account. We have recovered {your account}
--- End quote ---

I've tried it, the account is indeed active, though they didn't undelete my posts.  I feel they were trigger-happy on anti-spam measures, but at least they've done the right thing by reinstating the account.  Now to see if it stays that way...

Still interested in alternative editors, but Foxit would do themselves a favour by adding a Help file.  There's nothing at all at present, and I'm probably overlooking some of the functionality.

@Grorgy:  From the sales puff, gDoc Fusion looks like a competitor to Nuance PDF Converter Pro.  I have Able2Extract, which has much of the same features apart from any kind of editing.  Did you by any chance look at gDoc Fusion's editing features?

wraith808:
I received a reply from Foxit:

We deleted and banned many spam messages and users every day. We might have mis-deleted your account. We have recovered {your account}
--- End quote ---

I've tried it, the account is indeed active, though they didn't undelete my posts.  I feel they were trigger-happy on anti-spam measures, but at least they've done the right thing by reinstating the account.  Now to see if it stays that way...
-rjbull (August 03, 2009, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you re-post your deleted posts?

Grorgy:
I can't remember now, I was more concerned with having the documents open in the first instance, I have gone with nuance PDF converter pro.

rjbull:
Did you re-post your deleted posts?
-wraith808 (August 03, 2009, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not verbatim, because I hadn't kept the text elsewhere, but more or less.  They were still there this morning and one had been replied to.  So that's good.

@Grorgy:  thanks - I doubt you'll find any of them better than Nuance PDF Converter Pro.  Even the Able2Extract that I use includes Nuance OCR technology.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version