ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting Development on GOG.com

<< < (2/2)

Lashiec:
If I had bought either of these two games from Steam... where would I be now?
-wraith808 (July 30, 2009, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably in a different situation... or not. Steam already removed several games from their catalogue, but AFAIK they're all available for re-download to those who bought them.

I assume the problem lies within the scope of the licenses Codemasters acquired for the games development, which also prompted the removal of the two games from the store. The guys at GoG can't really detail everything that is going behind the scenes, but it looks like the problem doesn't lie within GoG nor within Codemasters, and the situation looks to be pretty similar to the Kindle fiasco with George Orwell books a while ago (with the exception that, in this case, you can make backups). As for TOCA still being available in Steam, the GoG team said that it was probably due to Valve scoring a better deal with Codemasters than them, although something tells me after the 29th of August, the game will no longer be available...

Remember that, in any case, you can re-download the games using other methods. You paid for it, you're in your right to keep it.

wraith808:
If I had bought either of these two games from Steam... where would I be now?
-wraith808 (July 30, 2009, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably in a different situation... or not. Steam already removed several games from their catalogue, but AFAIK they're all available for re-download to those who bought them.
-Lashiec (August 04, 2009, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I wonder... this goes beyond GOG, because I have quite the library on Steam, and don't know anyone who has a discontinued title to know if it's still available to them...

mrHappy:
Codename Gordon* is still available to those to got the game at release as far as I know.
*hl2 in 2d, company behind went bankrupt and valve had to pull the game from steam.

lanux128:
Codename Gordon* is still available to those to got the game at release as far as I know.
*hl2 in 2d, company behind went bankrupt and valve had to pull the game from steam.-mrHappy (August 04, 2009, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

if you have Steam already installed, then Codename Gordon can be downloaded from here.

Interesting Development on GOG.com
Note: the above link will launch the Steam client and offer to install the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version