ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Using a Desktop Search through the network

<< < (4/4)

vixay:
that's interesting. How fast is it compared to the desktop search programs we have? I have heard that the indexing system by ms slows downs things a lot!
Care to share the GUI for your search app? do you just specifiy an IP address and use the logged in users credentials? or is that not necessary for accessing the index?

how about integration with the intranet?
just idle questions.

Stoic Joker:
Ironically I almost never use it, but the office staff does and they haven't had any complaints (which is odd for an office staff...). But for a test I queried a list of all of last years service tickets for client X, and it took about 2.5 seconds to pull the 20 test client tickets from the 7,000 other tickets.

Unfortunately I don't have time to strip the company identifing stuff out of the code. But I originally started it with a C# code sample/demo I found at www.CodeProject.com - Currently logged in user creds are used, & you can connect to and query either a local or remote catalog db.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version