ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

NOD32 False Positive

(1/5) > >>

cthorpe:
NOD32 3.0.672.0 with database update 4286 (20090728)

7/28/2009 5:52:10 PM   Real-time file system protection   file   M:\Downloads\ScreenshotCaptorSetup\DcMouseHk.dll   a variant of Win32/KeyLogger.BitLogic.AA application   cleaned by deleting - quarantined      Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe.

7/28/2009 5:52:09 PM   Real-time file system protection   file   M:\Downloads\ScreenshotCaptorSetup\DcKeyHk.dll   a variant of Win32/KeyLogger.BitLogic.AA application   cleaned by deleting - quarantined      Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe.

Sending files to ESET as false positives.

mouser:
thanks carl.

in case anyone else is reading this -- it's a false positive -- there is no virus.  it's just another case of an antivirus program over reacting and mistakingly marking something as a virus.

eset is usually good about not giving these false positives  :down:

jazid:
But unfortunately not good about learning, I've had 4 false positives on different .dlls from screenshot captor today, whereas only one before, and I ditched the last upgrade because of the 'virus threat' I was presented with by eset. Ah well. Are you up to something...you naughty mouser you...?

jazid:
Should have added this... ;D

mouser:
i use nod32 as well (really like it), but i never get any alerts. you must have it set to warn you on heuristic guesses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version