ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileBox eXtender Alternatives

<< < (8/10) > >>

jcraig2003:
http://www.freeware365.com/desktop/folderguide.htm

I used FileBox Extender for a couple of years. Had a problem. Can't remember what.
Switched to Folder Guide. Works for me.

Curt:
.. Filebox Extender itself, which is free and is being updated, ...
-mouser (August 20, 2009, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

- ehh? Free, yes, but not being updated.

Please note: We no longer support FileBox eXtender. We make both the binary builds and source code available for download here for your convenience, please do not ask us for any support or improvements.-hyperionics
--- End quote ---

But "a terrific program" it is  :up:
I just prefer PS Hot Folders  ;)

David.P:
I agree that FileBox Extender is still the best. However I must say that -- although I regularly try and use FBE's, DF's, Dopus' as well as Windows' recent folder function -- it's only with a lot of luck when I actually seem to be able to go to the respective recent folder I'm looking for. Anyway, I don't use the recent folders and favourites function that often.

However I was wondering, is there ANY other tool at all that has the fantastic feature of FBE where you open a file open/save dialog, then click on an explorer (or Dopus) window, and the file open/save dialog is instantly switched to the same directory which that Explorer window is currently pointing to? This is THE key feature of FBE I must be using a hundred times a day.

Cheers David.P

superboyac:
Personally, I think Direct Folders is the better program.  But I like Filebox Extender as well.  That is, I don't mean to say it's a bad program.  It's great also, probably my second choice.  That directory synching thing is very cool, David.P!  I didn't know about that.

Still, DF is better overall because of a few specific things.  I've written a review about it on my website (it's actually hosted by DC):
http://aram.dcmembers.com/software/direct-folders/

and, of course there's the big review here from a while back:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/DialogExtenders/index.html

tomos:
.. Filebox Extender itself, which is free and is being updated, ...
-mouser (August 20, 2009, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

- ehh? Free, yes, but not being updated.

Please note: We no longer support FileBox eXtender. We make both the binary builds and source code available for download here for your convenience, please do not ask us for any support or improvements.-hyperionics
--- End quote ---

But "a terrific program" it is  :up:
-Curt (August 21, 2009, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

well they said they werent updating it and then they brought out a vista compatible version . . but I guess there is no development as such

I just prefer PS Hot Folders  ;)
-Curt (August 21, 2009, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
havent head of this one - but last updated May 2007 :tellme: (is it perfect!?)

I'm certainly happy myself at the moment with FileBox Extender

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version