ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileBox eXtender Alternatives

<< < (5/10) > >>

Contro:
Direct folder seems to be a commercial program.
-Contro (July 30, 2009, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Direct Folders is freeware.  You get additional features for the Pro version.  These features are not that big a deal for most people.  Did you read my review?
-superboyac (July 30, 2009, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okis. I'll try now.

Contro:
I have problems with AVG Antivirus. I disconnect but I obtain the same message.
Perhaps is something problematic with my pc and this program.
I am in the proofs partitions and I don't have at these moments a lot of soft here.
I don't know but don't go well.
Sorry

tide:
I have been using Direct Folders for years and I think it's best in its class. Unfortunately, it it is not compatible with ESET antivirus.  :'(

I have just replaced FF with FileBox eXtender and it seems to work pretty well. I haven't had any problems using eXtender with OpenOffice.org Writer.

rjbull:
@Contro: PowerPro is a great program - but I agree you wouldn't really run it just for the dialog extender features.    It only really makes sense if you intend to use several of its features.

I realise I didn't expand on why I find Total Commander useful.  TC has built-in "macros," which you can attach to a button on its button bar.  I added two buttons, one for UNC path+filename, one for short path+filename.  You put the cursor on a file, press the appropriate button, and TC sends that information to the clipboard.  Then you can paste it into a dialog.  XYplorer has a similar feature, bound to a hotkey instead of a button.

@superboyac: In your review, you say there's a free version of Direct Folders.  It looks to me like it's only free for personal use.  95% of my computing is done at work...   :huh:

Contro:
I have been using Direct Folders for years and I think it's best in its class. Unfortunately, it it is not compatible with ESET antivirus.  :'(

I have just replaced FF with FileBox eXtender and it seems to work pretty well. I haven't had any problems using eXtender with OpenOffice.org Writer.
-tide (July 31, 2009, 01:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you use the version 3 of Open Office ?

I have problems with Calc in this version . With Writer I don't Know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version