ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SC: Discussion of Scanning Functions

<< < (7/8) > >>

tomos:
Scan (as Jpeg); then I save as PDF.

The scan is correct scale but the PDF has enlarged the image so that, if printed ('Page scaling' set to None), it gets cropped. Also a border is added on the right-hand side -
okay,
I see what's happening: the image is enlarged (on conversion to PDF), so as it fills an A4 page (210 x 297mm).
This is not being done in the Acrobat reader printer settings
-tomos (November 03, 2009, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

bumping this - not sure if that explanation is fully clear so:

1) I scan something, say a letter - text fits easily in A4 page
   2) tidy & crop it in SC
   3) when it is saved as PDF, SC enlarges the scanned image so as it fills the (A4) page to the very edge

there are workarounds, but I was hoping that step #3 could be stopped/removed ?

tomos:
bumping this - not sure if that explanation is fully clear so:

2) tidy & crop it in SC
   3) when it is saved as PDF, SC enlarges the scanned image so as it fills the (A4) page to the very edge

there are workarounds, but I was hoping that step #3 could be stopped/removed ?
-tomos (January 15, 2010, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I notice when I save a screenshot using "save as", there is drop-down-options "Fit" where I can set percentage between 25% and 400%. I thought this could be a good workaround when saving a scan as PDF - but unfortunately it doesnt work when I save as PDF - the image always fills the page (no margin even)

So, I guess there is an invisible setting somewhere that defaults to "Fit" when saving as PDF. Is there a reason for this? (difficult to change is a good reason btw!). but if it's just accidental would you be able to change it to 100% ?
I dont know if the PDF always defaults to scanner size for it's file page size (both A4 here so seems probably)

if you dont respond to this mouser I will start stalking you - naah, :-) but I will keep posting every few months :p (unless I get a definite no-can-do)
 :)

mouser:
thanks for reminding me, i will try to fix asap.

tomos:
   2) tidy & crop it in SC

I was hoping that step #3 could be stopped/removed ?
--- End quote ---

I notice when I save a screenshot using "save as", there is drop-down-options "Fit" where I can set percentage between 25% and 400%. I thought this could be a good workaround when saving a scan as PDF - but unfortunately it doesnt work when I save as PDF - the image always fills the page (no margin even)

So, I guess there is an invisible setting somewhere that defaults to "Fit" when saving as PDF. Is there a reason for this? - if it's just accidental would you be able to change it to 100% [i.e. actual scan-image size doesnt get changed - unless I change it manually] ?
-tomos (June 08, 2010, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
[quote edited slightly for clarity]

bumping again :)

[...]
I will keep posting every few months :p (unless I get a definite no-can-do) :)
--- End quote ---

tomos:
mouser, you wrote elsewhere you might be looking at SC scanning functionality --
any chance you could have a look at this one?

2) tidy & crop it in SC

I was hoping that step #3 could be stopped/removed ?
--- End quote ---

So, I guess there is an invisible setting somewhere that defaults to "Fit" when saving as PDF. Is there a reason for this? - if it's just accidental would you be able to change it to 100% [i.e. actual scan-image size doesnt get changed - unless I change it manually] ?
--- End quote ---
[quote edited slightly for clarity]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version