ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What would you experts use?

<< < (2/2)

sabot7726:
I checked out the WDS plugin and it works well. I don't think I'll be able to get away with having to load windows desktop search on 60 computers and tune it to only check 1 folder though :/

Also I'm missing the instant results I get with baregrep. Anyone know of a grep plugin for FARR? :)

Still gotta check out tinyeverything

sabot7726:
The more I look at it, the more it seems FARR would be perfect if it had a small addition. I'm curious if someone would be interested in coding it?

The normal mode of FARR where it searches and displays matches for filenames is perfect for that half, and I like that it sorts relevancy, etc.

I'd be willing to donate to someone's beer fund if we could figure out a way to also add a grep function that would display in perhaps a lower window under the normal FARR results. Specifically, I have a single text file with a ton of normal text that I'd like it to search for and grep results.

So in theory, my user would hit a hotkey, type what they want and it would both search the normal FARR way but also return results as people type that match information in the text file. I don't need anything special like all kinds of regex stuff, just needs to match what I'm typing as I type it :)

If anyones interested, please let me know! I'd love to work together with someone on this. As a 911 dispatcher, any chance we get to shave even seconds off how long it takes to look something up, we love it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version