ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

RobotWar and the Army of Clones

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
It turns out the blogger is an avid corewar player and has a whole 2nd blog dedicated to that.

http://impomatic.blogspot.com/

mouser:
I am really feeling an itch to get into coding little robots for a pretend war game.. does someone on DC feel like coding us an online game?
i don't mean a direct clone of RobotWar.. but something unique that involves writing robot programs and having them fight it out.

Deozaan:
I am really feeling an itch to get into coding little robots for a pretend war game.. does someone on DC feel like coding us an online game?
i don't mean a direct clone of RobotWar.. but something unique that involves writing robot programs and having them fight it out.
-mouser (September 30, 2009, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

AHEM! I believe I proposed an idea similar to that (and more) to you about 1.5 years ago (April 2008?) and you didn't like the programmable robots part of it. So I took out the programmable robots part of it and began working on my Universe project.

mouser:
well i wasn't objecting to the concept in general, just thought it was outside the scope of that project.  :)

Mark0:
That brings back memories. I always liked this kind of coders' games.  :-*
I too wrote a DOS software for Corewar on... well, too much time ago: 1992!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version