ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder loading funny in Firefox - colors missing - proportions strange

<< < (2/4) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Actually right now I am back on 3.0.1.1  with minimum extensions

Download Statusbar
Linkman Fox
Open Tab Count
Session Manager
Tab Mix Plus
PDF Download

I could do the disable route and see what happens.

Hmmm .. some plug-ins too

Mozilla Default Plugin
PDF X-Change Viewer
Windows Media Player in DLL
Shockwave Flash
Microsoft DRM - DRM Netscape Network Model
Microsoft DRM - DRM Store Netscape Plugin

Shalom,
Steven Avery

bgd77:
It also happened to me, on Firefox 3.5, but on the Yahoo webpage, 1 or 2 times, but I have never saw it on DC. I have also seen it on previous versions of Firefox on the Yahoo website (and in other websites too). As Mouser stated, after a refresh (F5) the page turns to normal. It appears very rarely and I am not annoyed that I have to press F5 once in a while.

Do you get this often?

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Well, I got it sporadically over about the last week.  Since the reload is holding and I only reboot about once a day I won't be able to do a lot of quick testing.

Shalom,
Steven

steeladept:
I get it occasionally (very rare actually) and it is not specific to any one site.  I have had that happen here too.  It is, at least in my case, a response time issue where the page gets served but the CSS does not.  A simple reload fixes it as Mouser said above.  Most often, I see this on high latency sites where the computer waits the allotted time and only receives part of the page, or if I stop it mid-load.  It also seems to occur more often on sites with JavaScript thought I don't know why that would be - more code to load I would guess.  Poor scripts?  I don't know.  One question I did have though, can't you set up the site to just serve the page and all packages including the JavaScript, THEN load it to run locally on the machine instead of running everything inline?  Maybe I am a bit naive about this, but it seems like that might be the way to go for many reasons.

Edvard:
This happened to me once after doing a go-through with CCleaner.
Hasn't happened since, but for a long time, I un-checked firefox stuff from the cleaning queue.
Did you do any cookie-and-temp-file-cleaning before this happened?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version