ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder loading funny in Firefox - colors missing - proportions strange

<< < (4/4)

cyberdiva:
I often must refresh the tab with DC loaded - a "fresh" page reload, bypassing the cache. Been like that for at least a year now. Sometimes even if I have cleared the cache at the start of the day DC loads like that for me. Something in your CSS mouser that is definitely different than other sites, as I have never encountered this in other forums.
-J-Mac (July 24, 2009, 03:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, just to provide more feedback to mouser, I've never had this happen on the DC site.  I can't recall its happening anywhere, but I'm not sure.  But I am sure I haven't seen it with the DC site.  I'm using Firefox 3.5.1 (on WinXP Pro), but I've also viewed DC in the past with 3.0.x, 3.5, etc.  I do have problems with Firefox, but not this one and not on DC.

tomos:
I've had it happen - but very rarely & not in a long time - clearing the cache fixed it IIRC

odd it's happening to some & not others . .

J-Mac:
Now that I think about it more, it hasn't happened recently - maybe a month ago that I can remember. But it used to happen at least three or four times a week to me - on my desktop's XP Pro or my notebook's Vista Ultimate. If I was browsing a lot it would happen a few times a day. Up to about a month ago, maybe three weeks. Not sure.

Maybe FF 3.5 helped?

Jim

EDIT:  Here's one place I mentioned it briefly last year. I think I mentioned it a few times but I never started a thread about it.

jgpaiva:
Probably unrelated, but this has happened to me repeatedly in the past, using Opera. To fix it, I'd dig DC's code to find the css file, open it on a new tab, refresh the page and everything would go back to normal.

I always assumed it was a problem with opera.

(I've switched opera for firefox during the recent months, and haven't been very much around lately, but it never happened in firefox)

[edit] I just noticed that my signature is lying! Time to delete that :) [/edit]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version