ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome: Time for a Second Chance?

<< < (9/19) > >>

wraith808:
Oops - almost forgot: one of the most exasperating missing features in Chrome........... NO PRINT PREVIEW!! What are they thinking with that??
-J-Mac (October 13, 2010, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't even notice that, b/c I don't use it.  If you want to sort of replicate print preview from *any* program, try fine print.  The trial is unlimited, and if you don't want to use the features, just click bypass, and voila, you have print preview.

J-Mac:
Oops - almost forgot: one of the most exasperating missing features in Chrome........... NO PRINT PREVIEW!! What are they thinking with that??
-J-Mac (October 13, 2010, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't even notice that, b/c I don't use it.  If you want to sort of replicate print preview from *any* program, try fine print.  The trial is unlimited, and if you don't want to use the features, just click bypass, and voila, you have print preview.
-wraith808 (October 14, 2010, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the comment but I shouldn’t have to install & use another software just to get print previews. You can also get previews with most printers but that requires opening up the Printing Preferences box each time I print in Chrome.

I find Print Preview necessary because of the way some web designers code their pages; many print terribly from a browser, or in some cases send a blank page before, after, or both.

Thanks!

Jim

MilesAhead:
Wow! That is pretty basic.  I found the "bug report" for it. Seems it was posted in 2008 and they are still working on it!!!  Sheesh!!

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=173

J-Mac:
Wow! That is pretty basic.  I found the "bug report" for it. Seems it was posted in 2008 and they are still working on it!!!  Sheesh!!

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=173

-MilesAhead (October 14, 2010, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you read the comments there?

...this feature isn't vitally important to what Chromium is looking to accomplish.

Chrome's focus seems to be on improving the experience of using web apps, strong
security, stability, and (recently) a robust extensibility system.

Since printing sort of an "offline" feature, I'd imagine this feature isn't very high
on Google's radar, given the priorities mentioned above.

--- End quote ---

and...

If you really want this feature, be patient. It's going to come. If you can't wait,
use another browser. Complaining on the issue tracker is not going to get the feature
implemented any sooner so please refrain from spamming the 300+ people that have this
issue starred.
--- End quote ---

The code monkeys there seem to feel that printing from a browser is not a true primary function.

Printin'? PRINTIN'?  We don’t need no stinkin' printin' in our browser!!

Doesn’t work for me...

Jim

MilesAhead:
Yeah, some of the thinking is bizarre in some of these applications. I really like Splash Lite video player.  I and a few other people have been bugging them on their forum for PGS subtitle support.  The thing is an HD player without PGS subs support!! And they don't even respond!! It's really weird.

The other thing is they have this weird fashion sense of black background with navy blue controls.  Like, I feel like a blind man with a cane mousing around until I happen to hit a control.  One line of code they could have user adjustable background color!! But no!! That would be cheating!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version