ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

CCCCtrlC - simple multiple clipboard utility

<< < (5/9) > >>

yksyks:
Some time ago I recommended Ditto here, but recently got disappointed with reliability of the latest version. At the same time I realized that I'm seldom using older clips, and that I can live without graphic clips as well. So I tried CCCCtrlC and I'd like to thank you.

But it wouldn't be me if I miss to make some suggestions (hope you don't mind):

1. Fixed number of cccclipboards, possibly as a second command-line parameter

2. Use some kind of highlight (possibly just inverted colors) on the selected cccclipboard, not the parenthesis, which make the whole tooltip changing positions

In my opinion this would improve the usability, especially #2. But thanks again!

TPReal:
Some time ago I recommended Ditto here, but recently got disappointed with reliability of the latest version. At the same time I realized that I'm seldom using older clips, and that I can live without graphic clips as well. So I tried CCCCtrlC and I'd like to thank you.
-yksyks (November 11, 2009, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm glad you like it :) Thanks for letting me know.

As for your suggestions:

2. The thing that is displayed on the screen is not a form, but simply a tooltip, similar to those that are shown when you hold your mouse pointer over various elements of GUI in most programs. That's why I can't do anything more than just display text. The only thing that could be done is try to align the Cs by putting more spaces between them, but I've checked that it doesn't look better. So I'm afraid there's no way to correct it without breaking the almost no GUI principle.

1. Currently the selection doesn't cycle over the cccclipboards anyway, so I decided to extend the capacity dynamically so that you can pretend that it's fixed at any number you wish :) And using more than 5 of them is not very convenient anyway. I thought about this but finally decided to leave it as it is. Again, the almost no configuration principle would suffer if I tried to change this :) and I think it wouldn't be worth it.

yksyks:
OK, I understand. I agree with #1. Regarding #2, how about displaying something like:

* underline "_" for empty clips
* lowercase "c" for non-empty clip
* en-dash "–" for selected empty clip
* uppercase "C" for selected non-empty clip
Or something similar, I'll be thinking about this. The cycling through the tooltip would just "raise" the appropriate symbol visually and it would keep the tooltip compact. What do you think?

TPReal:

* underline "_" for empty clips
* lowercase "c" for non-empty clip
* en-dash "–" for selected empty clip
* uppercase "C" for selected non-empty clip-yksyks (November 11, 2009, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I experimented with various similar combinations (especially the lowercase 'c' seemed a good idea) but those letters vary in width and the result seems even more jerky.

yksyks:
You're right, I forgot you can't change the font. So, here's another idea: use characters that should have same proportions in all fonts, which are unfortunately only numbers and underline. I could imagine replacing the selected cell with an appropriate number, which might even add to lucidity of the thing, but how to emphasize whether the cell is full or empty? Even the space character has different width... Can you at least use bold or underline attribute?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version