ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

CCCCtrlC - simple multiple clipboard utility

<< < (3/9) > >>

TPReal:
Thanks. Probably I was just too shy :)

Nod5:
This is really cool TPReal! Minimalistic and useful. Good work!

I would very rarely have need for more than 4 clipboard items at a single time but for those that do then this hold-wait-release solution might pose a problem: either you speed it up and risk pasting to/copying from the wrong slot or you slow it down but then get annoyed by the wait time. So for 4+ clipboard items I'm thinking that a clickable gui solution, or multiple hotkey solution, could be better.

Do you yourself use it with the default speed? How often do you hit the wrong clipboard slot?

TPReal:

The main purpose why I wrote this program was because I didn't like those where you have to click something on the GUI or press multiple keys or a complicated chords to access additional clipboards. So there are surely people who think just the opposite, and then this program is probably not the best choice for them. Also, the number of additional clipboards is not limited by the program but I guess using more than 5 would be a pain. So everything just depends on how you use your clipboard.

I myself use the default timing parameter and successfully hit first and second cccclipboard without looking at the tooltip (well, OK, from time to time I happen to miss, too :) but it's not as often as to be annoying). And as I only occasionally use more than those two (plus the regular one), it is just perfect for me.

Nod5:
Ok I'll try to use it a bit and see if my responses are quick enough :-)

Two more ideas that come to mind:
- For 4 or fewer clipboard use then CCCCtrlC could be more minimalistic to use if the number of clipboards weren't autoextended.
- ctrl+c-holding could be made to loop over those four clipboards until the user presses any other key (like space).

edit: One more thing, not CCCCtrlC specific but relating to clipboards in general: almost every time I need more than two clipboards it is because I am doing paste repetitions of some sort. Like pasting recipient, subject and contents for emails in a webmail interface multiple times. The perfect clipboard tool would have a learn mode in which the user pastes into the three types of input boxes from three different clipboards. Thereafter the user just needs to select each input box and ctrl+v. The script would then know what clipboard to paste from to that box.

TPReal:
I thought about both the things that you mention, and I decided to make it as it is :) But I think that during regular usage it really does not make any difference.

As for your general remark, well, that would have to be quite a complicated mechanism I think. But I guess this could be done. Not in CCCCtrlC, though :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version