ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Generic.dx Trojan

<< < (3/4) > >>

steeladept:
Don't worry, there are a few vid-gamers here - check out Wreckedcarzz in particular.  He is into it big-time, or at least was.  I, unfortunately, don't have that kind of time anymore....

wreckedcarzz:
Don't worry, there are a few vid-gamers here - check out Wreckedcarzz in particular.  He is into it big-time, or at least was.  I, unfortunately, don't have that kind of time anymore....
-steeladept (July 13, 2009, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, check my Xfire page (click it in my sig) and you can see all the time I spend on games. (I also code things from time to time, most I don't post here but you can find some of my stuff at my website (also in sig) if your interested in that as well - I can also help with computer/game issues, including driver updates and the like)

Test Drive Unlimited:
Last 7 days: 23 hours
Total: 271 hours

--- End quote ---

Sometimes I wonder if I spend too much time gaming :o :-[ ;D

mouser:
Also, as we've pointed out on other threads complaining about false positives, when a virus program tells you the name of the suspected virus is something like "Generic" -- that's a good sign that it's just a complete guess and has no idea if the program is harmful or not.

Mystic-One:
lol Wow..Thats a new concept to me..I never realized that these programs we pay so much to protect our computers would have to "guess", ya know!? That seems criminal..lol I need to get into programming myself...I wonder just how many times this happens...

Innuendo:
The world would be a happier place if people would just stop using Norton and McAfee's products. No good ever comes of it.

Just so you know, Mystic-One, I download files from gamecopyworld.com a LOT to circumvent the downright intrusive copy-protection on some games and I have never had a problem with anything I've downloaded from them. I'd rate them to be a trustworthy site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version