ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TheBrain / Personal Brain

<< < (2/3) > >>

SKesselman:
It has been extensively discussed over at outlinersoftware.com:

http://www.outlinersoftware.com/search/index/brain

-PPLandry (July 12, 2009, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you: of course -- I never was considering it as an outliner  ;)
-Perry Mowbray (July 12, 2009, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

That forum isn't strictly about outliners, it really covers a lot more ground than one would guess from the name.
As with DC,  :)  you also have some truly experienced and intelligent users there.
They've been discussing outlining, mindmapping & pims at great length for years, and in great detail.
I found a pros/cons list on the Brain for you here, written by a participant on this forum.

Considerations such as printing (!!!) are nothing to play around with, though.
Have you been to the Brain's web site? You might want to trial it.
I've watched them for quite a while & it seems that they're consistently working on improving their software.
Good luck  :)  !

Perry Mowbray:
That forum isn't strictly about outliners, it really covers a lot more ground than one would guess from the name.
As with DC,  :)  you also have some truly experienced and intelligent users there. -SKesselman (July 14, 2009, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I remembered being there before once I renewed my aquaintance  ;)

They've been discussing outlining, mindmapping & pims at great length for years, and in great detail.
I found a pros/cons list on the Brain for you here, written by a participant on this forum.-SKesselman (July 14, 2009, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a great post, thanks

Considerations such as printing (!!!) are nothing to play around with, though.
Have you been to the Brain's web site? You might want to trial it.
I've watched them for quite a while & it seems that they're consistently working on improving their software.
-SKesselman (July 14, 2009, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, been to the website: it's very good. The BrainEKP site is based on a Brain export I think, the little Topic Map navigator at the top of the page is a great example!

Discussion today to see if we want to pursue. Next step would be to trial PersonalBrain (acknowledging all the limitations), then if there is to be a further step we'd trial EKP on the network. Slow process here: I first discussed Topic Maps some time ago...

PPLandry:
That forum isn't strictly about outliners (...)
-SKesselman (July 14, 2009, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

And ouliners and mindmaps share a common point: the need to represent 1-to-many and many-to-many relationships, in a flexible, visual way.

SKesselman:
Perry,
Bits du Jour is offering 3D Topicscape Pro for half off today (about $55 USD).
I saw their comparison chart to the Brain, & it looks pretty impressive.  :)

Perry Mowbray:
Bits du Jour is offering 3D Topicscape Pro for half off today (about $55 USD).
I saw their comparison chart to the Brain, & it looks pretty impressive.  :)
-SKesselman (July 19, 2009, 11:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the thought, I don't know if it's just me, but I found it difficult to get past all the 3D cones in the interface: didn't like it at all  :( (try as I might)

We're also looking for something for the whole enterprise (I think).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version