ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

<< < (77/96) > >>

tomos:
My beautiful new baby has been ripped away from me at 4 1/2 months - she got over wall and was killed by neighbour's dogs..... I am sick with grief!
-CleverCat (March 07, 2016, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh man :( :o

rgdot:
My beautiful new baby has been ripped away from me at 4 1/2 months - she got over wall and was killed by neighbour's dogs..... I am sick with grief!
-CleverCat (March 07, 2016, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

:(

mouser:
oh no :(
i'm so sorry CleverCat..

CleverCat:
Thanks guys. We have virtually decided we cannot have another Cat as we are surrounded by big dogs and the stress will be too much! A small dog such as a Yorkie will be much safer and I am home almost 24/7 so it will be well cared for.

So unfair that my pet choice is dictated by my surroundings!

Tinkerbell crept into our hearts from day one and even my Mum is crying... :(

The house is 'empty' without my little 'White tornado'  :'(

holt:
My deepest sympathies to you for Tinkerbell, CleverCat. I grew up with cats and dogs, but spent my adult life with cats. If you ever want to try for another kitty, when you put her outside for the first couple weeks -or months-, every time she goes out, put her in an all-wire (maximum x-y-z visibility) cage big enough to take a step inside of; she'll be all ears, eyes, and nose in every direction, but be restricted so she can learn the dangers through her senses before being exposed to or entering into their domain and danger zone, and also orient herself to her own territory. I've done this, so I put great faith in this method. For the road out front, sit beside the cage with a slap stick of two flat thin boards to make an artificial 'bang' when vehicles go past, to startle her and build a healthy mental association-aversion reflex. Again my deepest and most sincere sympathy and condolences. PS - I posted this under the assumption you have a solid 2-meter high fenced back and side yard, and that the neighbor's dogs don't ever run loose; otherwise, all bets are off. BTW, I once had a pint-size kitten leap almost straight up and attain the top of a 2-meter wooden board fence and hook her little paws over the top; hence, the cage training regimen approach, which worked quite well in teaching her to beware of unfamiliar dangers, and not to wander. Another 'feline survival tactic' is to set up many escape routes and narrow access barricades on your property which only a cat should be able to take advantage of; trees, porch crawl spaces, escape holes, and so on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version