ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

<< < (71/96) > >>

mouser:
Happy trails and rest in peace Fred II.
They both look very sweet.

jadinolf:
Thanks. I've had 3 Freds.

Here is Fred I (the KING)

Stoic Joker:
Okay, given the name, and the breed, I have to ask ... Does this have anything to do with (Jerry Reed) Snowman's dog in Smokey and the Bandit? To this day - Hang on to your ass Fred... - is one of my all-time favorite movie lines.

jadinolf:
Okay, given the name, and the breed, I have to ask ... Does this have anything to do with (Jerry Reed) Snowman's dog in Smokey and the Bandit? To this day - Hang on to your ass Fred... - is one of my all-time favorite movie lines.
-Stoic Joker (July 19, 2015, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Believe it or not, it was not brought about by Smokey and the bandit. Great movie, by the way.

I'm a ham radio operator and a day before arranging to pick up Fred I in July of1997, I went on the air with my gang and asked for suggestions for a name for my soon to be Basset Hound. Someone suggested I name it after one of the senior members of the group who just happened to be named Fred.

The rest is history.

By the way, that picture of Fred I was taken in a 1997 Toyota RAV4 which I bought especially for him because of the room behind the back seats. I still drive that 18 year old car and all the Freds have ridden back there.

mouser:
By the way, that picture of Fred I was taken in a 1997 Toyota RAV4 which I bought especially for him because of the room behind the back seats. I still drive that 18 year old car and all the Freds have ridden back there.
--- End quote ---

that's wonderful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version