ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

<< < (29/96) > >>

SKesselman:
The only thing to do for that is give it some time.
-40hz (September 24, 2009, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I don't know if that's always the answer.
I lost my mom 2 years ago, and after 1 year, I would still sit and cry uncontrollably for hours. I would hear a song that reminded me of when I was a kid, and that would be the last thing I'd do that day. I became less functional instead of more, and time was not helping at all. People were noticing that I was still grieving as if she'd just died. I couldn't even look at food she used to make without crying! [As a side note, this is why I joined DC! For a distraction - to keep running across computing terms and ideas I didn't understand, looking them up on Google and learning. It helped, a little, but I was too lazy, so now I just hang out in the Living Room  ;D].

Anyway, reluctantly  >:(  I followed my doctor's advice and went on medication to help keep me out of 'the hole'. It helped a LOT. I still grieve, I still feel my love for her, I still cry, but for minutes, not hours. There are also fewer (and more fitting) triggers now. I just don't fall into such horrible deep sadness like you describe. I'm not at all embarrassed by it, as the circumstances surrounding her death were particularly upsetting.

My point is that time usually helps, but sometimes it doesn't help soon enough, and if the grieving doesn't seem to be changing after a few months, this may be something to consider. I hope you don't need it, but if you do, you're certainly not alone!

I do hope you feel better, and soon!!!  :) 

cranioscopical:
Four months old now, and already doing one-legged push-ups!

Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

CleverCat:
 ;D

mouser:
as a creature of yours i expected by now to see a picture of him sitting in a chair by the fireplace doing the crossword puzzles.

CleverCat:
Good one mouser!  :Thmbsup: ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version