ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

McAfee again. Don't ask.

<< < (4/7) > >>

Innuendo:
I agree.  I have several anti-malware programs that I run from time to time.-cyberdiva (July 27, 2009, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the best thing you can do. Having a layered defense using multiple things to protect you is the wisest course of action these days. The days of just running a virus scan every month or so are gone.

A lot of people like ot run virtual machines and test out new software in a virtual environment to see how safe it is. I was reading the other day that malware writers have adapted & now a lot of viruses and trojans won't trigger if they detect that they are running in a virtual machine.

It's a constant cat & mouse game.

Lashiec:
I wouldn't get Avast. It's real-time monitoring interferes with too many programs, but maybe you should download a trial version of NOD32 or Kaspersky & give them a try?
-Innuendo (July 27, 2009, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh:

xcopy:
I'd recommend F-Secure Client Security because it's reliable and highly configurable. If it only would consume less memory and run faster on slow machines.

cyberdiva:
I'd recommend F-Secure Client Security because it's reliable and highly configurable. If it only would consume less memory and run faster on slow machines.
-xcopy (August 04, 2009, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, but from what you say it sounds as if I'd be trading one accurate memory hog for another  ;) .

cyberdiva:
I wouldn't get Avast. It's real-time monitoring interferes with too many programs, but maybe you should download a trial version of NOD32 or Kaspersky & give them a try?
-Innuendo (July 27, 2009, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Innuendo, can you say a bit more about the programs Avast interferes with?  If they're not programs I use, then perhaps I shouldn't rule Avast out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version