ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mircryption

Please I need help with blowssi/mircrytpion: 3 problems

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
the mcps prefix and the +OK prefix should be treated identically.. they serve identical roles and the actual encryption is identical.
basically it's a historical legacy.. mircryption uses mcps by default but can be set to use +OK.
fish uses +OK only.

KiTTy:
Thank you Gothi[c] for the replies and your time ;D

1.) OK, thank you.

2.) Yes as mouser suggested;
User1 is using mIRC/Mircryption. (the one only one, so far, that I can not read)
User2 is a bot using Mircryption - I can read.
Another user (not on post) using mIRC/Fish- I can read.
And I login again via mIRC/Mircryption and I can read  myself (in my other login shell window).

If you need me to post anything else / do other tests please let me know.

3.) Very new to nix and all its goodies, so I learn as I go :) I installed it as root then found any user can now type irsssi and it will load and also any user can type /load fish so I presumed the same for blowssi :D.. never assume haha. So no problem there either. I've created the paths and the copies to fix that.

<mouser> the number you have reached
<mouser> M O U S E R
<mouser> has been disconnected
<mouser> please hang up and try again

Gothi[c]:
Re 2) If that's the case, then that should be a very simple fix :) I'll just add mcps as possible prefix ;)

Re 3)
I installed it as root then found any user can now type irsssi and it will load and also any user can type /load fish so I presumed the same for blowssi :D.. never assume haha. So no problem there either. I've created the paths and the copies to fix that.

--- End quote ---

Anything in root's .irssi folder won't affect other users, but if you put blowssi in /usr/share/irssi/scripts it should work with just /root as long as there's proper permissions on the script.

KiTTy:
Great Gothi[c]  :P Thank you!
I shall give that path a try and: chmod -R 777 /usr/share/irssi/scripts/

Gothi[c]:
NEVERRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr use 777 :)

Just make sure other users can read+execute it...

--- ---chmod u=rwx,o=rx,g=rx /usr/share/irssi/scripts/blowssi.pl

Then from any user you still have to /load blowssi.pl

The advantage of putting it in /usr/share/irssi/scripts is that you don't have to type the full path after /load

If you want it to auto-load you still have to put the /load line in the ~/.irssi/startup file of every user using irssi. It would be nice if there was a system-wide startup file, but there isn't afaik....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version