ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WMP & lots of tiny .wav files

<< < (2/4) > >>

Curt:
Sarah, a third possibility is, that you *may* have missed to installed the proper plugins when you installed Firefox, because the sound files at frenchassistent will pop up in a new tab/window, they should not be downloaded. If so, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/browse/type:7 , scroll down, and and get some.

---
Besides, http://www.novadevelopment.com/EM/2009/Berlitz/NOUS/28/Berlitz_0709_4645.htm are offering the Berlit$ lessons on disc, with a summer discount. Edited: But I cannot tell from here if the offer also is valid at your place.

WMP & lots of tiny .wav files

SKesselman:
Sarah, a third possibility is, that you *may* have missed to installed the proper plugins when you installed Firefox, because the sound files at frenchassistent will pop up in a new tab/window, they should not be downloaded. If so, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/browse/type:7 , scroll down, and and get some. -Curt (July 09, 2009, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Curt, you're correct...I didn't know which ones to install so I skipped that part when installing FF.
I've now downloaded and installed Real Player, Shockwave & Quicktime w/ iTunes.

Tomos & angel, thanks, but Quicktime opens in the same tab as the web page I'm working on, so I have to keep hitting the back button.
I've never seen anything do that in FF, I'll have to fix it somehow, later...

Or not. Perhaps I should just order a cd.
Maybe it will come with its own player or know how to run smoothly & I won't have to configure anything.
I'm getting ready to re-format my drive, anyway. Strange that I can do that, but configuring FF options / plug ins is daunting.
Thanks for the software / discount link.

tomos:
I've now downloaded and installed Real Player, Shockwave & Quicktime w/ iTunes.
-SKesselman (July 09, 2009, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
You know you dont have to install itunes :tellme: - if you dont listen to music I'd leave it out (even if you do I'd leave it out lol) - you may have to do a bit of research (here or elsewhere) - usually they offer the download without itunes - but not always (the $ยง%&$)

There are also alternative stripped down versions (Quicktime Alt)

SKesselman:
Too late!  ;D
Actually, I did it on purpose. They gave me a choice to install Quicktime without iTunes.
I don't avoid mp3s because I don't listen to music, I avoid them because it looks so complicated. So, I'll play around with it....
I'm thinking (hoping!) that by the time I master the "music on the computer" thing, all that will be left are mp3s. One file type, ahhhh... :D

tomos:
Actually, I did it on purpose. They gave me a choice to install Quicktime without iTunes.
I don't avoid mp3s because I don't listen to music, I avoid them because it looks so complicated. So, I'll play around with it....
-SKesselman (July 09, 2009, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, before you invest money on music from iTunes, I would definitely read up about it's pros & cons
and good luck  :)  - I mean with the whole music thing, not just itunes!
I have some music on computer now (after having avoided the whole mp3 thing till just this year) and love being able to randomly play tracks - there's albums that I just cant listen to any more, but when I hear a single track unexpectedly I can really enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version