ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > BrowserTraySwitch

No longer switching default browser..

(1/4) > >>

VsUK:
I have downloaded this software & have been trying to get it to work but it dosnt. All it does is change the image in the system tray to the browser i wanted to change my default browser to.  Even clicking the visit homepage link within the program dosnt load into the default browser i intended to switch to.

I have this entered..

Firefox | "H:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
Avent | "H:\Program Files\Avant Browser\avant.exe"

maybe im not adding something critical.. can anyone help?

MilesAhead:
I don't know what software you are using but there's been a bug in Windows since forever when setting default browser.  If you set the default browser, and the default is not changed, you keep doing it again and nothing happens.  The trick is to set a different browser as the default, then set it back to the one you want.

It's like, you can't get there from here.  You have to go someplace else first. :)

mouser:
What operating system are you using VsUK?
Does the program successfully change to any of them if you manually set it to the other using the browsers themselves?
There are lots of different tricks involved in setting the detault browser.. it's been a while since i checked for new operating system tricks..

VsUK:
XP pro & no, it is yet to switch the default browser. Ive even left the Internet explorer as default & the firefox also & still fails, icon changes & thats just about it.

I have been searching the web for ages trying to find a tool that does this & when i saw this i thought yeah baby but, it just dosnt work lol

MilesAhead:
Have you tried opening a browser that is not the default, clicking the option to make it default, then going back to FF?  Always worked for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version