ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Desktop/email search program

<< < (5/5)

evart:
Try Exalead, it works for me

http://www.exalead.com/software/products/desktop-search/

cyberdiva:
It looks like Aid4Mail and Mailbag Assistant would both be necessary. Apparently Aid4Mail can do a lot of archiving, but cannot display, search, reply .. while MA is the opposite.  Still possible, it would be nice if it was one master-tool. (Aid4Mail may be the simplest, cleanest conversion tool, checking a bit more and as a converter it could have a simpler archiver role .. "converting" the older mail to the same format.  Ok,  I take back the harumph about one tool.)
-Steven Avery (May 28, 2009, 01:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm travelling right now with limited Internet access, so I can't check, but I've used Mailbag Assistant for several years to archive and search my email.  My normal email client is Mulberry, and I was delighted to find that Mailbag Assistant would work with Mulberry and a huge number of other clients.  I now also own Aid4Mail, but only because I was trying to convert my email to a format that AskSam could deal with.  I was not successful in that attempt (the problem was with AskSam, not with Aid4Mail).  However, my point is that I never felt the need for Aid4Mail to use with Mailbag Assistant.  I probably haven't explored the overwhelming majority of Mailbag Assistant's features, but it works fine for me for archiving and searching my email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version