ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

a (possibly) useful pet app i wrote that beautifully displays all .net colours.

(1/2) > >>

giddy:
hi,

So I'm finally ready to showcase one of my apps, and its been almost a year since i stopped making any pet apps... and surprisingly this app is over 1.5 years old!!

There always comes a time when you're coding and you suddenly need to know what one of the .net colours you're going to use looks like, especially with those whimsical names. So I made this up......tell me what you guys think?? :Thmbsup:

I've attached the file to this post and here a link too just incase.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iwnoghfvzxy/Colours v2.1.exe

A little about the app, version one was all my effort... a little crazy programming went into getting mouse over highlights but the performance was terrible... a little help from the forums and version 2 performed way better... also it took a while for me to figure how to get the text on each box to be a visible colour! lol

Thanks so much

Gideon

mouser:
neat! i can see how that would be useful.
thanks for sharing giddy.

here's a screenshot for those curious:

giddy:
no problem.... hope you guys tried resizing the app... the colours appear properly placed no matter what size the app is.... this was something i coded just for challenge of it lol!!

I'm thinking about sharing this other app i made called quick build.... allows you to build vs solutions from the explorer shell context menu...

skwire:
When you right-click a colour, I think it would be cool to offer a few copy-to-clipboard options such as HTML colour code, RGB values, etc.

hamradio:
The scrollbar does not adjust right when you want 1 column of colors. See screenshot...

Other than that it looks pretty good and skwires suggestion seems like it would make it even better too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version