ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE - IDEA: modem online always on top indicator

(1/8) > >>

mtp:
it would be nice to have an icon which is always on top showing that you are online .. cause the internet options dont disconnect right .. and my dad had high costs last month cause of this nice windows-feature ..

mouser:
i like this idea, seems useful for people who use dialup and dont want to spend much time online..

maybe could run in tray and when connected it would pop up and show how long they've been connected..
seems doable in a short period of time.. though i don't know the windows api code for telling if you are online, might be an existing library/component for this.  might be nice if it had a button for connect/disconnect too.

i suspect a free utility that already does this may exist?  if anyone can find an existing program to do this let us know.
if not, and no other coder wants to do this, ill look into coding it.

mtp:
i think you dont need the api .. just use ping .. and if the ping to a random website works show the icon/app ...

mouser:
i've found some source code for checking online connection status..
yes a ping would work too but it would eat up cpu and network while pinging..  of course periodic pinging could be useful as an alternative if you wanted to keep a connection alive, but that's another matter..

im thinking a utility to do what you want must exist, but if it doesnt i will write it this weekend; hopefully you are someone else can find an existing program first though.

mouser:
note:

i'll write a freeware tool that does this even if it already exists as a commercial program, but i'd rather not reinvent it if it already exists as freeware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version