ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Torrent Giant, The Pirate Bay sold, will go legal

<< < (7/12) > >>

Loki15:
No, but why should people be charged for wanting to learn? There are plenty of people who sit on their asses their entire life and never intend to learn a thing.  So why should someone who wants to learn be charged $189.00 for an educational photoshop? Why can't they make it an option to where you can learn, yet can't save the image as a .jpg, or .png?  I mean.. Little things like this would really help the world out.

Once again, Wraith, and Josh : I mean no dis respect to you at all.  For the most part I believe pirating software is wrong.  Yes, I do download music every now and again.  But lately its been acapellas and instrumentals to try to mess around and make little mixes here and there.

Ehtyar:
Just quickly, I don't appreciate the hijacking of this thread, nor do I imagine anyone else does. Unless your replies directly relate to the subject of this thread, please take them elsewhere.

Paying for content from TPB would be like buying a pound of apples at the market when you could walk down the road, and pick the apples from a tree, that are of the same quality.
-Loki15 (July 01, 2009, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Of better quality in many cases. It's as though the apples down the road were organic, and the kind you buy were sprayed daily with pesticides, and you were a pest. No matter, eventually the content-controlling corporations will realize that if they don't adapt they will go out of business.

Ehtyar.

Loki15:
Ehtyar very well said.  I hope you don't mean I am hijacking the thread. I'm just putting in my opinion to what has been said.

J-Mac:
Just quickly, I don't appreciate the hijacking of this thread, nor do I imagine anyone else does. Unless your replies directly relate to the subject of this thread, please take them elsewhere.

Paying for content from TPB would be like buying a pound of apples at the market when you could walk down the road, and pick the apples from a tree, that are of the same quality.
-Loki15 (July 01, 2009, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Of better quality in many cases. It's as though the apples down the road were organic, and the kind you buy were sprayed daily with pesticides, and you were a pest. No matter, eventually the content-controlling corporations will realize that if they don't adapt they will go out of business.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (July 01, 2009, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry Ehtyar. I won't even post my thoughts here other than to say that this is possibly the most baffling thread I have read on DC. { Shaking my head... }

Jim

nosh:
I wonder who's next on the hitlist...

Or how soon a compromise will be reached for all kinds of media - something like Spotify has (apparently) done for music. Any Spotify users here who can vouch for how good or annoying it is?

Please don't forget most megacorps wouldn't bat an eyelid before squeezing every last drop out of their legit users, regardless of the inconvenience caused. Like when I pay extra to get a worthless POS TV channel which has acquired the rights for a single worthwhile event, and end up watching more ads than event.

IMO, to think of TBP and the like as long term players would show a lack of vision. And what they're doing isn't "right" but this wasn't a clean fight to begin with. In the long run the TPBs of the world will have played a significant role in leveling the playing field and for that they have my gratitude. RIP TPB!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version