ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Truely amazing piece of animation art

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eóin:
It is good, very good. The name is terribly misleading though, it's has nothing to do with civilization at all really. It is exactly what it describes itself as - "Civilization depicts a journey from hell to heaven interpreted through modern film language using computer-enhanced found footage.".

Just me being picky I suppose but I watched it first have only read the name and thought this makes no sense. Once I read the hell to heaven bit then it all clicked.

Impressive, to be sure, but I wonder how long it will last before the MPAA shuts it down for copyright infringement.....or did they secure the rights to use every single one of those elements?
-Innuendo (June 30, 2009, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fair use?

40hz:
I wonder how long it will last before the MPAA shuts it down for copyright infringement...

-Innuendo (June 30, 2009, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd guess right after one of the following conditions gets met :  :P

* it gets written up in the New York Times or The Wall Street Journal  -or-
* another six weeks goes by

Fair use?

-Eóin (June 30, 2009, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah...it's good to have a dream...   ;D

tinjaw:
Dancing women seems to have a monopoly. They exist from Hell to Heaven.

That is such a relief. I'm glad to know that no matter where I end up, there will always be dancing women.  : 8)

f0dder:
Somebody post a direct-download URL for the lazy of us? pretty please? :)

Innuendo:
That is such a relief. I'm glad to know that no matter where I end up, there will always be dancing women.  : 8)-tinjaw
--- End quote ---

Don't be so relieved, tinjaw. Obviously, you missed the fine print. In Heaven, the dancing women will all look like Scarlett Johansson. In That Other Place, they'll all look like Rosie O'Donnell.

So don't give up on your good behavior just yet. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version