ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 limited time upgrade discount starting tomorrow (June 26th)

<< < (3/8) > >>

Dormouse:
The trouble is that it is not a simple currency conversion for the UK.

MS aren't offering the upgrade versions at all, but are offering promo prices on the retail version.
For instance, Home Premium £50 = approx $83 at current rates. There are advantages for some people with this. Still have to see what sale prices will actually be. Compared to prices in the past, the pre-order pricing is very good and MS seem to have the marketing right on this to get W7 off to a good start, unlike Vista. Feel sorry for anyone who paid good money for Vista, but that's probably what has got the rest of us better prices now.

The long-term prices, like-for-like, are of course higher in the UK, but the % seems to vary a lot according to the version.

Not sure how easy it will be to access US versions, or how well they will install/activate. Will be watching out for any info on this.

Hirudin:
Does anyone know if Win7Pro media will have the 64-bit version as well , or its only 32-bit ?
MS seems to be silent about 64-bit Win7Pro in this promo.

SKA
-SKA (June 27, 2009, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know what was there before, but here's the Microsoft site now...

The trouble is that it is not a simple currency conversion for the UK.

MS aren't offering the upgrade versions at all, but are offering promo prices on the retail version.
For instance, Home Premium £50 = approx $83 at current rates. There are advantages for some people with this. Still have to see what sale prices will actually be. Compared to prices in the past, the pre-order pricing is very good and MS seem to have the marketing right on this to get W7 off to a good start, unlike Vista.
...-Dormouse (June 27, 2009, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wish I could order a full version at a discounted price! $83 is less than most of the copies of Vista I bought (I think I got one of them for like $35 though).
Feel sorry for anyone who paid good money for Vista, but that's probably what has got the rest of us better prices now.
...-Dormouse (June 27, 2009, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah... I've got a full retail version of Vista Home Premium that I bought, but have never used. I wish I could "trade up" or something.

tomos:
For instance, Home Premium £50
-Dormouse (June 27, 2009, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

where did you see the prices for UK Carol ?  and any idea of Euro prices?

Dormouse:
Euro prices are commonly reported as the same as £ prices, ... so much cheaper in euros.

We'll see what retailers actually do when it becomes available for pre-order.

Carol Haynes:
For instance, Home Premium £50
-Dormouse (June 27, 2009, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

where did you see the prices for UK Carol ?  and any idea of Euro prices?
-tomos (June 27, 2009, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got an email from MS.

Yes they are offering promo pre-sale prices on the full version but only because they have to because the Euro version will not have a functioning version of Windows 7 that will upgrade anything.

OK it is a good idea to clean install but it is a big inconvenience for European Vista users that they can't use an upgrade even if they want to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version