ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 limited time upgrade discount starting tomorrow (June 26th)

<< < (2/8) > >>

Hirudin:
Here's a comparison chart: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare-editions

The differences are few. The only thing I see that Home Premium doesn't have that I might want is BitLocker. I figure I'll just use TrueCrypt instead.

Dormouse:
There's WinXP mode too. Presumably that will become less useful as the years go by.

SKA:
Does anyone know if Win7Pro media will have the 64-bit version as well , or its only 32-bit ?
MS seems to be silent about 64-bit Win7Pro in this promo.

SKA

CleverCat:
And once again Darkest Africa is left out in the cold!  >:(

Carol Haynes:
Of course if you live in the UK simply change US$ for UKĀ£

I can't believe MS can't convert currencies.

So we get a 'special' deal on Windows 7 HP and Pro- more expensive and no Internet Explorer installed.

Maybe it is a good deal getting Windows without IE ;) eve if it is more expensive.

Trouble is everyone know the first thing most people will do is to install IE because there are so many badly designed websites that don't work properly in anything but IE.

UK AsideI was working with a client the other day trying to solve a problem using the ParcelForce courier delivery website. He has to use it to generate the labels that the driver scans when collecting parcels and it wasn't working for him. Turns out it was an ISP server issue (that they won't admit) but I was shocked to see that a website that generates PDF files to print insists on using Internet Explorer and fails if you use any other browser. SO they are saying that anyone who wants to use their service has to use Windows based computers! How stupid is that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version