ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DesktopCoral

Command-line parameters?

<< < (2/3) > >>

kati42:
Sweet.  No problem if it's not the weekend, though - I have too many deadlines right now to do anything with it anyway.  :)

mouser:
i changed my mind and put up a beta for testing before i release:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/desktopcoral/downloads/beta/DesktopCoralSetup.exe

Available Commandline Options/Parameters:

-floatpos X Y WIDTH HEIGHT
-monitorid #
-placement float|left|top|right|bottom
-dockwidth #
-dockheight #

For example:

DesktopCoral.exe -monitorid 2 -placement left -dockwidth 100
DesktopCoral.exe -placement float -floatpos 20 30 600 480

kati42:
Cool!  I have my deadlines, but there were a few others at the Rainmeter forum that were interested.  I'll point them here!

kati42:
The command-line options work great!  Thank you.

But I think I need one more feature.  Let me give my usage scenario so that this makes sense.

I start off using my tablet in landscape mode.  I have a 48px wide sidebar implemented in Rainmeter plus DesktopCoral to reserve space for it.  I switch to portrait mode.  Rainmeter detects the resolution change (from 1280x800 to 800x1280) and swaps Rainmeter configs to an 18px high bar along the top of the screen. I need to move DesktopCoral from the right dock at 48px wide to a top dock at 18px high.

Right now, I end up creating an additional DesktopCoral instance every time I swap between landscape and portrait.

So I need to either modify an existing instance of DC, or I need to be able to close the current instance before running a new one with the new parameters. I think I could "kill" the process in Rainmeter, but that seems unfriendly.

Also, I'm fine with only a single instance of DC, but others may want more than one -- perhaps each instance could have an ID that is 1 for the first one invoked, 2 for the second, etc.?

Anyway - I would need something like:

// when switching to 1280x800 (landscape)
DesktopCoral.exe -close // (which wouldn't do anything if it weren't already open)
DesktopCoral.exe -placement right -dockwidth 48
// when switching to 800x1280 (portrait)
DesktopCoral.exe -close
DesktopCoral.exe -placement top -dockheight 18

OR:

// when switching to 1280x800 (landscape)
open)
DesktopCoral.exe -move -placement right -dockwidth 48
// or DesktopCoral -instance 1 -placement right -dockwidth 48
// when switching to 800x1280 (portrait)
DesktopCoral.exe -move -placement top -dockheight 18
// or DesktopCoral -instance 1 -placement top -dockheight 18

Presumably if an instance # does not exist when the command line refers to it, it would be created...

Anyway - any of those solutions would be sufficient for me.

Thanks for all your work; I made a donation a few months ago, and if this last feature is added, I'll make another because it will be so helpful!

kati42:
Do you think this request is (reasonably) possible, or do you think I should find another way to solve my problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version