ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (26/31) > >>

sajman99:
Yes, AVStoDVD has evolved to the point where the average user probably won't have much trouble. Maybe it's not as easy as DVD Flick or FAVC, but overall it's a pretty smooth experience.

Same situation with the HC encoder btw--the defaults are now satisfactory right out of the box. Maybe bump up to the best profile and put in a small bias value, but that's about it. Smooth sailing.

MerleOne:

I've never seen that.  Do you have "Lock Volume Exclusive Access" checked in
Tools=>Settings=>Write   (It's in the cluster of settings on the left hand side.)
-MilesAhead (March 10, 2010, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I do, and also the option below (ignore mounted filesystems).

MilesAhead:

I've never seen that.  Do you have "Lock Volume Exclusive Access" checked in
Tools=>Settings=>Write   (It's in the cluster of settings on the left hand side.)
-MilesAhead (March 10, 2010, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I do, and also the option below (ignore mounted filesystems).
-MerleOne (March 11, 2010, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

edit: hmm, don't know what to say to that one.  May be a case for the Imgburn forum. Let LUK have a go at it.

delwoode:
you know dealing with video is the hardest and most frustrating thing I have ever tried on a computer.  I have tried practically every tool out there and it seems find but when you play it back on your DVD player, glitches, sound out of sync etc.   Even when you think You have it right you then take the DVD with you and try to play it on a Friends DVD player and you discover it was only ok for playing on yours! 
Out of all the progs I tried, including Tmpgenc, converttox, winavi Xilisoft dvd creator  etc etc,   only DeVeDe  created DVDs played back fine on MY DVD player, cant vouch for anyone elses.
These days however I tend to just use a device that can take my usb straight from my pc and I dont have to convert.

superboyac:
you know dealing with video is the hardest and most frustrating thing I have ever tried on a computer.  I have tried practically every tool out there and it seems find but when you play it back on your DVD player, glitches, sound out of sync etc.   Even when you think You have it right you then take the DVD with you and try to play it on a Friends DVD player and you discover it was only ok for playing on yours! 
Out of all the progs I tried, including Tmpgenc, converttox, winavi Xilisoft dvd creator  etc etc,   only DeVeDe  created DVDs played back fine on MY DVD player, cant vouch for anyone elses.
These days however I tend to just use a device that can take my usb straight from my pc and I dont have to convert.
-delwoode (March 17, 2010, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree.  Dealing with video is often an exercise in frustration.  Part of the problem is that there are tons of video software out there that are just junk after junk after junk.  What's worse is that searching for it on your own in google or forums or whatever very often leads to nonsense threads and articles that have little value.  Video software is weird that way.  It's one of the most popular categories of software, so I think a lot of people make programs just for the traffic or some quick bucks or something.
What's worse is that video is complicated.  So it's very popular and complicated.  It's like a perfect storm.  You have to wade through tons of crap to find the needle in the haystack.

Man I've been through this with video.  Playback programs, splitter programs, conversion programs, recording programs.  All those videohelp forums with their 10-year-old tutorials.  Lots of stuff about VLC, Vobsub, tmpg...most of them not too helpful.  You try things and end up with enormous files with crappy quality.  The whole video experience can be very frustrating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version