ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (4/31) > >>

mwfuss:
Ken,

I have good success with Ashampoo Burning Studio 9. It supports a wide variety of video formats. It sells for $49.99 but if you click on the "Service Letter" option on the menu bar and scroll down a bit on the new page you will see an offer where you can purchase the program for $29.99.

KenR:
Ken,

I have good success with Ashampoo Burning Studio 9. It supports a wide variety of video formats. It sells for $49.99 but if you click on the "Service Letter" option on the menu bar and scroll down a bit on the new page you will see an offer where you can purchase the program for $29.99.
-mwfuss (June 19, 2009, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

mwfuss,

I have been using Burning Studio 8. I found there were video formats that it wouldn't read though. Have video formats been added from 8 to 9? When I looked at it, it looked llike the changes were elsewhere, though I forget the big change now.

Thanks, Ken

mwfuss:
Ken,

To be honest, I only use Burning Studio for burning audio discs, I just know from the program and the documentation that it handles a wide range of video formats.

Innuendo:
I probably should have mentioned this in my last post, but I'll share my solution with you. I used to run around scurrying for the best ways to put divx files on DVD & I finally got fed up one day & bought a DVD player capable of playing divx files that had a USB port on the front of it.

Now I just put my video files onto my USB flash drive & plug it into the DVD player. Saved me a crap-load of money in blank DVD discs.

MerleOne:
I probably should have mentioned this in my last post, but I'll share my solution with you. I used to run around scurrying for the best ways to put divx files on DVD & I finally got fed up one day & bought a DVD player capable of playing divx files that had a USB port on the front of it.

Now I just put my video files onto my USB flash drive & plug it into the DVD player. Saved me a crap-load of money in blank DVD discs.
-Innuendo (June 19, 2009, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, but with DVD format you also get chaptering, which is useful when you don't watch all in one session.  Also, fast forward, rewind work nicely, for divx it may depend on the player.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version