ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (25/31) > >>

MilesAhead:
Imgburn is indeed a great tool, but I'd like to know why, in some cases, when burning an iso file, it takes up to 10 minutes in the "creating threads" phase before starting to burn anything (XP Home SP2).
-MerleOne (March 10, 2010, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've never seen that.  Do you have "Lock Volume Exclusive Access" checked in
Tools=>Settings=>Write   (It's in the cluster of settings on the left hand side.)

Sometimes if you have other burning software it will try to mess with the optical drive even when you aren't running it.  If that option is checked, Imgburn should pop up an error dialog if another app is trying to access the drive also.

Other than that, problems I've had with Imgburn I could usually get around by trying a different version. I had some issues with 2.4 and stayed with 2.3.2.0 until 2.5 came out.  Then it seemed to work fine with my drives.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ImgBurn/old-versions#download

Innuendo:
Imgburn is indeed a great tool, but I'd like to know why, in some cases, when burning an iso file, it takes up to 10 minutes in the "creating threads" phase before starting to burn anything (XP Home SP2).-MerleOne (March 10, 2010, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've never seen that & I've used every version of ImgBurn with XP, then Vista, and now Win7.

sajman99:
In addition to Lightning UK's technical genius, he apparently has a sense of humor which is reflected by the funny/weird sayings displayed in ImgBurn.

ATM I'm seeing the words "You fool, you gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!"  ;D Gotta love it!  ;D

Innuendo:
ATM I'm seeing the words "You fool, you gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!"  ;D Gotta love it!  ;D-sajman99 (March 10, 2010, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which, of course, is a quote from one of the most-loved video games of all time. :)

MilesAhead:
I would agree AVStoDVD provides a smoother overall experience than HCbatchGUI.

-sajman99 (January 14, 2010, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

You know the more I use AVStoDVD, the more I find I'm going with the defaults. When the space is totally filled in a DVD9 then 8500 kbit high quality one pass with QuEnc looks pretty good.  I mean, you can't go over 9000 anyway, so how much room is there to maneuver?  Maybe people demanding the max quality would make changes but it seems like the result is consistently good when going from a high bitrate/resolution source to standard DVD9.

The only change I made other than selecting spline16 resizer when downsizing resolution was to the SubtitleCreator settings.  I think the default fonts are just way too large.  I chopped 'em down a tad. Other than that I'm just going with it out of the box.. other than substituting the latest HC beta executable that is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version