ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

fully free software utilities for biz use - discussion

<< < (5/21) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

The DC apps are coming.  I simply am less familiar with most, a few are a bit techie, some we have not yet done the category (e.g. Process Tamer, which is a definite).  Screenshot Captor I am putting in as we speak ! Also Clipboard Help+Spell .

So I was largely waiting for folks to write little blurbs :-). Blurbs that fit the context of the discussion and categories.

Also they may (like Nirsoft and Sysinternals) do best in their own special section, while a few of the most universally powerful and obvious are interspersed :-) .

Shalom,
Steven

steeladept:
Doh!  Totally forgot about Process Tamer.  It is so good I forget about it until I am missing it!   :-*

That said, PT and SC are the two I use religiously. I try to use and like FARR, I really do, but I just don't ever seem to *need* it, so I don't use it enough to show it off for my users.

For personal use, I also use GridMove a lot lately.  Didn't really find a use for it until recently in my own workflow though.  Now...Let's just say it has saved me A LOT of aggravation.  Can't really say for business use that I would put it out there though - at least not yet.  I am only finding very specialized uses for it and those limit my knowledge of it beyond some rather basic uses.  Not that that would stop me from recommending it...

Stoic Joker:
For a small footprint & completely portable file search check out X-Find from Xteq.-Stoic Joker (June 19, 2009, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Writes settings to the registry at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xteq Systems\X-Find\1.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xteq Systems\X-Find

-PhilB66 (June 19, 2009, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Which makes your point what exactly?

hamradio:
For a small footprint & completely portable file search check out X-Find from Xteq.-Stoic Joker (June 19, 2009, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Writes settings to the registry at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xteq Systems\X-Find\1.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xteq Systems\X-Find

-PhilB66 (June 19, 2009, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Which makes your point what exactly?
-Stoic Joker (June 19, 2009, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

He may mean if it writes to the registry then it is not a completely portable application cause it leaves its footprints behind in the registry.

Stoic Joker:
Hm... Seems a rather narrow misuse of the term (.ini fan?). I was speaking more to its ability to run on any MS OS without any bloated runtime requirement nonsense...along the lines of the original PE format specification (don't need stuff, just run). Storing window size/position info (neatly in a single key) in HKCU is hardly catastrophic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version