ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

fully free software utilities for biz use - discussion

<< < (16/21) > >>

40hz:
Angel Writer added to office and word processing, although it could use a contact and/or EULA check.
-Steven Avery (June 26, 2009, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

re:Angel Writer:

There isn't anything like a EULA (or even a FAQ) up on their website. I sent an email to the Angelic Software asking for a clarification as to what's allowed. Will let you know what they say when I hear back. :Thmbsup:

40hz:
re: SanityCheck

Looks like we're going to need to remove that entry after all. This from the splash screen (emphasis added):

Home Edition notice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version of SanityCheck is free for use at home only. If you would like to use this software at work or in a commercial environment you should get the professional edition.
--- End quote ---

Too bad. Looked like a handy app to have. :(

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

http://tinyurl.com/bizsoft
fully-free software for biz - the lists !

40hz, thanks for the info, keep us informed on AngelWriter.

I was also wondering about Atlantis Nova, the free version of Atlantis Word Processer.  The unregistered version looks like it might be quite full-featured, so tentatively it will be added.

Utilities
Attribute Changer and Flexible Renamer added (mentioned in recent DC thread).
Cowspy, WinLister and WinExplorer similarly.
WinEnabler by SMarmotte and a few others en passant.

Stefan products noted, WinGrep and TrafficWatcher added, MailNoter and SKTimeStamp mentioned en passant

SoftPerfect in various places, NetWorx, File Recovery, Network Scanner and LanSearchPro now entered individually.

Wireshark and WinPcap added.
MZL & Novatech TrafficStatistic

BackUpTime by Cezeo (review needed) and other software by Cezeo, including a disk wipe and two network softwares.

Sanity Check modified/removed, some notes made on Resplendent group.

Shalom,
Steven

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

http://tinyurl.com/bizsoft
fully-free software for biz - the lists !

Some new entries.

SourceEdit

grepWin
WinMerge
Easy Duplicate File Finder, Image Finder, MP3 finder
Clonespy

Attribute Changer
Flexible Renamer

WinLister  NirSoftWinExplorer - NirSoft
CowSpy - NakenCow (2004)
WinEnabler - SMarmotteTaskbar - System Tray

Ext2 Installable File System For Windows

FreeMeter

Ace Backup
DataSafe Backup

Registrar Registry Manager

Cute Partition Manager

TIME TRACKING
TaskClerk - British Micro
TimeTracker - Rachota -
Time Stamp  
Klok Adobe
PowerPro

Shalom,
Steven

4wd:
For Editors - Notepad Replacements you can also add Notepad2 - I use the version with code-folding from here.

And they themselves are of course based on the Scintilla code editor.

It comes with complete source code and a license that permits use in any free project or commercial product.
--- End quote ---

PSPad editor
The PSPad editor was tested in the Softpedia labs. Softpedia guarantees that PSPad is 100% FREE, which means it is a freeware product (both for personal and commercial use) that does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.
--- End quote ---

I believe the ever useful A43 file manager is also free for use and it also had an update this year, (I think I just fainted :) ).

FileMenu Tools adds some useful items to context menus, eg. synchronise, shred, etc.

HFS - HTTP File Server
How much does HFS cost?

HFS is completely free!

However, if you like the project, please click the Donate button at http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/
--- End quote ---

PDF XChange Viewer Free - my personal favourite PDF reader, you can also download a portable version.
Free for Private and Commercial use, provided not bundled with other software or for financial gain)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version