ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

disk space analysis by extension (for backup decisions)

<< < (2/2)

Steven Avery:
HI Folks,

Ahh .. good to know on WinDirStat. Loading it at work now.

btw, Primasoft has an Amigo-2000 calendar/reminder that looks interesting, although I had to go to Softpedia to see the pics. http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Amigo-2000-Screenshot-33888.html  It has no categories for overlays though.  

Added a bit more on FlexTx and Primasoft above.

Shalom,
Steven

4wd:
-Steven Avery (June 17, 2009, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dang it!  Lashiec beat me with WinDirStat, that was my next suggestion.

However, I will add it is portable - just extract it from the installer, (or install, copy, uninstall), and you're good to go.

PhilB66:
-Steven Avery (June 17, 2009, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dang it!  Lashiec beat me with WinDirStat, that was my next suggestion.

However, I will add it is portable - just extract it from the installer, (or install, copy, uninstall), and you're good to go.
-4wd (June 17, 2009, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

You may download a .zip file from this page http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=91252&package_id=96219&release_id=342578 (extract to any folder, delete setup.exe and you are ready to go)

BTW. it does write its settings to the registry.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

The Primasoft Disk Analyzer has some bugs, it even showed  the .dll and .exe file totals as negative sizes.  The program had some potential (shows the number of files) even with the old-style look, but not if I can't get sensible numbers.  It looks like it does not handle .extension totals over about 2 gigs.  Yoiks.  Here are two pics that show this, interestingly the second one doesn't even show the negative .exe amount, which shows up in the sort by type.  A bit sloppy from Primasoft (Thurs AM: I sent them a note).

The three big file totals are missing at the top .. two are negative size, and you can see one of them at the bottom, the other two are in mid-stream somewhere without a paddle.

Shalom,
Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version