ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for application to determine what folders are using up the most space

<< < (7/7)

Veign:
I think I found what it is.  The folders are created and used for offline browsing of network folders and files.  The computers at this location are all setup in a weird way (Windows systems on a Linux server with each system running Apache) so she is going to contact someone who can handle their server configuration.

Thanx Tinjaw.  You don't need to access Experts-Exchange to get the answer (read how here).

Thanx all

wraith808:
Thanx Tinjaw.  You don't need to access Experts-Exchange to get the answer (read how here).
-Veign (June 18, 2009, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oooh... thanks!

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

My point was that the same false positive can show up five times in various System Restores (try putting UBCD4 on an .iso for a similar experience, and some of the anti-virus scans only include folders, not exclude ! ).  And you may end up having to edumacate your various scans again and again. 

My apologies for the unclarity.  Note, I agree that System Restore can be a big help to some of the people some of the time, for me it is a close call what to do.  The 15% stuff is weird tho.

btw, sometimes I see Experts Exchange get ripped (e.g Web of Trust gives them a mediocre rating). Yet, I found that a lot of times they deal with techie issues quite well and that they can be a good resource properly used.  Somehow I tend to see the answers, even without bypasses, maybe it they have a mixed policy.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

f0dder:
btw, sometimes I see Experts Exchange get ripped (e.g Web of Trust gives them a mediocre rating). Yet, I found that a lot of times they deal with techie issues quite well and that they can be a good resource properly used.  Somehow I tend to see the answers, even without bypasses, maybe it they have a mixed policy.-Steven Avery (June 18, 2009, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
You always get the full answer if you go there through a google search - not if you hit upon the answer elsewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version