ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera Unite: a server within the browser. Opera innovating as it used to

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
Lousy press release - too little information for the technically inclined, too geeky text for regular users.

Sounds like a pretty bad idea to me. Room for a lot of security holes, and unless content is decentralized (which imposes lots of problems!) you're going to have availability issues when users turn off their machines.

OSNews has a news article on this as well.

fenixproductions:
2f0dder
Agreed.

When did they start advertising? 3 or 4 days ago? They should go with 2 weeks at least with teasers and press coverage… or something like that. They definitely have "premature e…" bussines model.

- We did it!
- ?
- We're done!
- What?

I am starting to believe that I would be better marketing person for Opera than the one they already have (smaller salary as additional advantage). Please, Opera, take me ;)

justice:
To be fair this is a first preview isn't it or alpha.

f0dder:
To be fair this is a first preview isn't it or alpha.-justice (June 16, 2009, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sure thing, but I'm commenting on the whole idea behind it, not the product implementation...

fenixproductions:
To be fair this is a first preview isn't it or alpha.-justice (June 16, 2009, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Agree but I saw many things in the past that did not change after being marked as stable.

I.e. Opera synchronize feature still does not allow you to easily choose the way of synchronizing. More ranting…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version