ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer 8.00 released with DUAL PANES (!)

<< < (8/9) > >>

Lutz_:
Good to know;

time to give it another try!.

XYplorer 8.00 has been released on 15-Jun-2009. Here's a quick introduction to the main new features:

1) Dual Pane
  Dual Pane file management is synonymous with productivity and ease of use. It combines comfort, speed, and power in the most natural way, namely by letting you look at the contents of two folders side by side.
  Both panes are tabbed, and can be arranged vertically or horizontally, or shown individually as single panes.

--- End quote ---
-rjbull (June 16, 2009, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Innuendo:
Wherever the discussion is heading, and however people feel about these issues, in the end we need a COMMON FORMAT for file descriptions.-kartal
--- End quote ---

The closest thing we have to 'a common format for file descriptions" is descript.ion files. The format was invented in the early 90s by JPSoft & is the only format that is used by numerous programs to this day. Maybe now is the time for a new universal format, but till the descript.ion files are the only thing one can use between multiple programs and have a common database of file descriptions.

DonL:
I still find it strange not to see as many thumbnails as I want to. I.e. PDN files (from Paint.NET) can be seen in Explorer, Total Commander and many other file managers because they can use IShellFolder for getting the thumbnail. Even my Comparer does it but XY has problems.-fenixproductions (June 16, 2009, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Did you try 8.10? Should work now... 8)

fenixproductions:
Did you try 8.10? Should work now... 8)-DonL (July 02, 2009, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
It is great now! As expected: even for PDF or OpenOffice documents thumbnails are shown. Great work :Thmbsup:

One thing makes me wonder: how the list is painted or thumbs added to it? Do you process files in background thread or in the main one?

I am asking because in the case of directories with many BMP files XY seems to be not responding until every thumbnails is generated. It gives the feeling of slowing user down.

DonL:
I am asking because in the case of directories with many BMP files XY seems to be not responding until every thumbnails is generated. It gives the feeling of slowing user down.
-fenixproductions (July 02, 2009, 01:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I actually fixed this today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version