ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer 8.00 released with DUAL PANES (!)

<< < (2/9) > >>

fenixproductions:
2urlwolf
I can confirm lags.

Sometimes XY seems to freeze when I am trying to scroll long files list. Probably due to retrieving files icons. It also stops responding when I click on any video file having preview panel ON. I know it has to load it but freezing whole XY?

I still find it strange not to see as many thumbnails as I want to. I.e. PDN files (from Paint.NET) can be seen in Explorer, Total Commander and many other file managers because they can use IShellFolder for getting the thumbnail. Even my Comparer does it but XY has problems.

Although I find it not so bad as I've expected. There are differences between XY and TC for sure but if I've never know Total… who knows ;)

JoTo:
WOW!  8)
Thanks rjbull for pointing that out!

Have to run to get it now...  :D

CU
JoTo

DonL:
I still find it strange not to see as many thumbnails as I want to. I.e. PDN files (from Paint.NET) can be seen in Explorer...
-fenixproductions (June 16, 2009, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nobody ever asked for PDN files. The place for bug reports and wishes is the XY User Forum... :)

fenixproductions:
Nobody ever asked for PDN files. The place for bug reports and wishes is the XY User Forum... :)-DonL (June 16, 2009, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

1st: I'ts not about PDN support at all. This is only the example. XY should support getting thumbnails from explorer for all files. Instead of that: I have the feeling that it uses its own built in preview only.

2nd: I am not XY user and I will never be. Why should I post anything on their forum then?

I know it might be "being lazy" thing but I've tested hundreds of applications in the past. Each one of them had some flows. Should I create accounts for all of them somewhere? I find it not likely thing to do. I would rather take such steps only for the software I use the most. XY does not fall into such gap.

On the other hand: it is impossible to write PDN files preview. AFAIK these files are .NET serialized XML so the only ways to view their thumbnails are either to get XY to work with .NET or to get data from Explorer (using iShellFolder with IExtractImage interface). I think Explorer part is easier for XY (since it seems to be written with MS Visual Basic 5).

Last thing to say is that I believe that some XY board members are here too so they might write something on my behalf :)

cranioscopical:
Given the tireless routine of updates and improvements to XYplorer, it's a very good bet that if there are rough places soon they will be made plain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version