ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer 8.00 released with DUAL PANES (!)

(1/9) > >>

rjbull:
XYplorer 8.00 has been released on 15-Jun-2009. Here's a quick introduction to the main new features:

1) Dual Pane
  Dual Pane file management is synonymous with productivity and ease of use. It combines comfort, speed, and power in the most natural way, namely by letting you look at the contents of two folders side by side.
  Both panes are tabbed, and can be arranged vertically or horizontally, or shown individually as single panes.

2) Overlong filenames supported.
  All fundamental file operations now work with extremely long filenames (longer than 260 characters): Rename, Copy, Move, Delete, Preview, Thumbnails, Backup, Properties, Time Stamp, Attributes Stamp, etc.
--- End quote ---

urlwolf:
Is it just me, or is the listing of long file list very slow?
I can estimate about 1 sec per 500 files.
Heck, even a few dozens produce a perceptible lag.
It's like using 'back' button on IE after using Opera for a while. The delay is tiny, but it bothers me a lot...

DonL:
Is it just me, or is the listing of long file list very slow?-urlwolf (June 16, 2009, 04:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm, complaints about speed is the last thing I get. XY is usually extremely fast. No idea what's going wrong at your end.

urlwolf:
Hi DonL,

Thanks for answering. This is a desktop machine, with fast disks, so I'm not usre either. The only different thing is that this is windows server 2008 64-bit.

DonL:
Hi DonL,

Thanks for answering. This is a desktop machine, with fast disks, so I'm not usre either. The only different thing is that this is windows server 2008 64-bit.
-urlwolf (June 16, 2009, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
If you happen to do your browsing on a (mapped or UNC) network drive then the delay can be explained and fixed by changing some configuration stuff -- ask in the user forum.

On local disks it should be fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version