ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer 8.00 released with DUAL PANES (!)

<< < (3/9) > >>

Innuendo:
I myself have never posted wishes or bugs in the XYplorer in the user forum over there because I have seen what happens when someone suggests something that upsets the established way of doing things. I see people post suggestions & I get mental images of the poster being holed up in Frankenstein's castle as the villagers, errr...other forum users storm the castle with torches and pitchforks.

And, Don, if you are reading this, tags.dat are not a replacement for descript.ion files. I can elaborate more on that point here if you'd like, but people over in your forum start foaming at the mouth every time someone brings the point up over there.

(And this is not a slam against Don, his program, his forum, or his users. They just get a little over-enthusiastic from time to time.)

fenixproductions:
2Innuendo
I am browsing their board right now and must say that you're right:

descript.ion is crap compared to tag.dat.-XY admin
--- End quote ---
;)

tomos:
the man is not being given much of a chance to respond neutrally in 'neutral' territory

TheQwerty:
I can elaborate more on that point here if you'd like, but people over in your forum start foaming at the mouth every time someone brings the point up over there.-Innuendo (June 16, 2009, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
I only see 4 threads that mention descript.ion over there and none of them exhibit said users. In fact the most negative thing about it is that Don finds it "crap compared to tags.dat."  We've gotten in debates over there before, but usually things remain rather civil. (DP aside.)

2nd: I am not XY user and I will never be. Why should I post anything on their forum then?
-fenixproductions (June 16, 2009, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well then it seems silly to complain that XY doesn't support it, does it not?  If the desire for such a feature is so small that no one wants to bring it up on the XY forums, how can anyone expect that feature gets implemented?  It's a bit backwards to think that Don (who is the only person behind XY) should scour the internet looking for features to implement for people who "will never be" XY users, when he already has wishes of his own and his community on his to-do list.

fenixproductions:
Well then it seems silly to complain that XY doesn't support it, does it not?  If the desire for such a feature is so small that no one wants to bring it up on the XY forums, how can anyone expect that feature gets implemented?  It's a bit backwards to think that Don (who is the only person behind XY) should scour the Internet looking for features to implement for people who "will never be" XY users, when he already has wishes of his own and his community on his to-do list.-TheQwerty (June 16, 2009, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Although I think Explorer thumbnails are not small feature I understand that it will not be implemented without an effort from my side to request it. I don't want to do it because XY is not "my" filemanager but does it mean I can't write about what makes it impossible for me to switch? Can't I point out missing features?

It might be stupid of me whining about XY here but I don't think it's the best way to post on all boards in the Internet for each software I found bad for me. I know I can do it but in the same way each software reviewer should do the same. Have you ever seen any software comparison charts? In perfect world, those should produce hundreds of posts across the support forums. Little silly approach isn't it?

I could miss something but since when the only opinions that matter are those from software boards members or long time users?

On the other hand: I believe that Dan knows about Explorer thumbnails. For me this was the simplest thing that came to my mind when I wanted to have thumbnails preview for some files. Own graphic library was the second. IMHO Don is 100x times better developper than me so it's rather impossible to think that he missed that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version