ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

snooping RTMP content

<< < (2/3) > >>

boarders paradise:

compn, Thanks so much for your help and patience with a beginner (arrows on screenshots, etc. LOL) :)

I've been searching ever since you posted about rtmpdump 1.6, but all I could find (incl.forums,torrents,etc.) was rtmpdump 1.5a ... I used this on the link you found out by investigating. And it worked .... partially ... I could capture 27% of the stream, and when playing it back with vlcplayer, it had broken audio.

Ok, I got your torrent now and ....
WONDERFUL !!!! thanks so much for posting by the way!

I replaced 1.5 with 1.6 and now the captured stream is fine. No broken audio anymore.
Unfortunately it now captures only a couple of percents .... and then it stops. (Eventhough I have 256 kbps bandwiths and an idle connection).

With the --resume switch I can continue the capturing, but only with errors ....
And then it stops again... So I had to manually resume the capturing about 10-15 times, resulting in corrupt stream data, where the download sessions begin and end.
VLCplayer can still play the output file, but with audio/video artefacts every few seconds .... :(

I attached the output log of my cmd.exe window, in case that's of any help ....

boarders paradise:
urlsnooper can pick up some of the stream by adding rtmp;netstream;playing to the 'also search for' box

you get some results like:
tcUrl... rtmp://oijqodbttndn.rtmphost.com/hostelworld

and play... paris_hipotelbellville

put them together:

rtmp://oijqodbttndn.rtmphost.com/hostelworld/paris_hipotelbellville.flv

works for me in rtmpdump1.6
-compn (June 15, 2009, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

hm ... but for my unexperienced eyes, this seems pretty hard to guess ....

Is there no way to find the string "rtmp://oijqodbttndn.rtmphost.com/hostelworld/paris_hipotelbellville.flv" in the raw dump or could URLsnooper be used to find/assemble this string automatically ?

boarders paradise:
Because for some reason, the Orbit Downloader is capable of doing this:

So, technically speaking it must be possible

compn:
With the --resume switch I can continue the capturing, but only with errors ....
And then it stops again... So I had to manually resume the capturing about 10-15 times, resulting in corrupt stream data, where the download sessions begin and end.
VLCplayer can still play the output file, but with audio/video artefacts every few seconds ....

--- End quote ---

rtmpdump isnt the best program for this stream. i suggest you try it in Orbit Downloader.

hm ... but for my unexperienced eyes, this seems pretty hard to guess ....

Is there no way to find the string "rtmp://oijqodbttndn.rtmphost.com/hostelworld/paris_hipotelbellville.flv" in the raw dump or could URLsnooper be used to find/assemble this string automatically ?
-boarders paradise (June 15, 2009, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

there is no way to find that string in the packet dump. most sites dont work like that. some sites use xml playlists which work well with urlsnooper...  it wasnt made for flash streaming (RTMP). you'd have to ask mouser if he plans to do it.

boarders paradise:
rtmpdump isnt the best program for this stream. i suggest you try it in Orbit Downloader. -compn (June 15, 2009, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

but you said:

works for me in rtmpdump1.6
--- End quote ---

Mouser, I'm not quite sure, how exactly I should ask you and how I should formulate the question, but in case you read this ... well, I want to ask you what compn told me to ask you ...  :mrgreen: :

there is no way to find that string in the packet dump. most sites dont work like that. some sites use xml playlists which work well with urlsnooper...  it wasnt made for flash streaming (RTMP). you'd have to ask mouser if he plans to do it.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version