ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LaunchBar Commander Idea: Submenu from commandline tool

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
So i was thinking of adding a feature to LBC that would let you create a node whose contents would be built when clicked, by hidden shelling a commandline tool and grabbing the output.

It would let the commandline tool output a filename list but also use some syntax for making submenus/separators.

As an example use, you could have a commandline tool that generated a system MRU list, that showed most recent documents, etc.

It could also be used for generating purely informational info -- for example user clicks a button and it shows various info in the submenu popup.

Any thoughts?  Anyone actually have use for this? Would anyone write any commandline tools for it if i added it?

mouser:
Ok ok, with all of the replies i've gotten to this thread begging for this feature i broke down and implemented it.

lanux128:
Ok ok, with all of the replies i've gotten to this thread begging for this feature i broke down and implemented it.
-mouser (June 16, 2009, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D anyway looking forward to try this..

mouser:
I've asked phitsc about making his amazing MRU plugin for farr into a commandline tool that LBC could use to make nice submenu of MRU docs.

I just hope at least one person on planet uses the feature, and i won't feel like a total idiot.

dluby:
It sounds interesting and it maybe something I'd use.  I'm a big user\fan of LBC and I'm always looking for new ways to do things better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version