ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Betamax (a VoIP company) — a large-scale fraud?

<< < (3/3)

vixay:
I have used VoipCheap FreeCall, VoipDiscount all from these betamaxx dudes.
I (and several friends) lost accounts on VoipCheap & VoipDiscount. Lost credits ranging from $10 - $50 per account. Further cannot create new accounts with those either! For some unknown reason. Same error code i  think 33.

Anway but we've been using FreeCall for a while, with auto-top up and no problems so far. We are using an VOIP Gateway device (Grandstream something) to integrate it with our PABX and use the phone to direct dial. Works great :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed to hope that it keeps working. I have never been able to contact customer support either. I've always suspected it's a scam as well, considering they have so many clones... and why? What's the need for all these clones? see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betamax_%28VoIP_company%29

yksyks:
When I started this thread my intention was to either post an explanation or to remove the question mark in its heading and replace it with three exclamation marks. It seems the latter is the proper conclusion. So, here it is:

Betamax is nothing but a scam!

On theirs forum there's ever growing number of requests for unblocking the accounts, but not a single response from the Betamax team. Also, there's not a single answer to any mail messages sent to them (except for one read receipt).

Somebody on the froum is going to sue them. In my opinion the trouble is that everybody's time is too precious to lose it in an case lost in advance. Most of people there lost less than €10 which is not worth any legal action. And this is the base of the cheat, I suppose. If they manage to rob a million of users, it's not bad money, is it?

They still accept new victims, calling them "users" or "customers". This should be stopped. All we can do is to tell the world. Which I'm doing.

yksyks:
Wow! Am I the only one here whose accounts are unblocked suddenly? Or was it a reaction on my previous harsh post (posted on theirs forum, too)?

Anyway, because I lost 78 freedays (that long I had to wait to make a single call), which is a violation of the terms anyway, I don't feel obliged to apologize for my words. Such a behavior is unacceptable and I doubt if I ever top up any of my accounts again.

Anyone else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version